This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Iconic

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ChiDN, Oct 12, 2017.

1. ChiDN

ChiDN Fujiholic Cub Fan

-Return to Top-

Hatteras Light - Cape Hatteras North Carolina
    X-T2 10-24mm/f/4

Been coming down here from Chicago for 41 years. Climbed this 198.5' high beast in the mid 70s. It, and its attendant buildings, have since been moved 2900 odd feet west in the late 1990s to save it from eroding beach front. "The Cape Hatteras Lighthouse is one of the tallest masonry structures ever moved (200 feet tall and weighing 5,000 tons)." The buildings are in the same relationship to the lighthouse as they were before the move and since the 1870s. There likely have been millions of images taken of it and I've contributed my share over the years. This one is from a different perspective using the 10-24 @ 10mm and at mid-shin level.

Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

2. jpetrisko

jpetrisko Member

-Return to Top-

Looks like you were shooting stopped down pretty far. I know not only because of the depth-of-field … but the dust on your sensor! (dark dots in the sky)

Still so picturesque.

Cher likes this.
  3. Cher

Cher Premium Member

-Return to Top-

My thoughts exactly, beautiful image but you may want to clean up the sensor dust spots on the image and your camera :)

4. ChiDN

ChiDN Fujiholic Cub Fan

-Return to Top-

Yes, this is a problem in this environment, a very limited computer and no cleaning tools. I'll clean up the images, the camera and the lenses when I get home.

Cher likes this.