This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Influenced by photo magazines?

Discussion in 'General X Camera Forum' started by morhafren, May 15, 2018.

1. morhafren

morhafren Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Not too much in my case as many articles concern stuff I've never tried and am not likely to try. But I did see an item in Outdoor Photography this month about "Composing with Colour" and must have been subconsciously affected by it, as I found myself pulling up abruptly alongside a brilliant yellow field of rape which caught my eye yesterday, looking for a suitable composition against the green of the fields and the blue of the sky. The image is a letter-box crop across the central part of what turned out to be the very first picture taken with the new X-H1: (16-55mm f/2.8) @ 32mm 1/60 sec @ f/16 ISO-200: Pity about the grey smudge in the sky on the left - that's from Port Talbot steelworks but I'd never dream of diminishing its presence just to contrive a perfect landscape!

Rape-field, Lampha reduced.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. Pedro1948

Pedro1948 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Looks good to me, even allowing for the Steelworks! Long may it continue to thrive there.

Cheers, Peter

3. morhafren

morhafren Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks, Peter. It's such a massive fixture in the landscape that it's difficult to imagine the pre-1950 sand dunes all the way from Porthcawl to Swansea. Yet I have to admit to remembering my Dad pointing out the first piles being driven. As you say, long may it stay there, whoever keeps the workforce going.