This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Keywording & the X-T2

Discussion in 'X-Pro2 and X-Pro1' started by Allsop, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Allsop

Allsop Member

-Return to Top-

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I try to keyword all of my images using Alien Skin's Exposure 3 and up until now, (i.e. in my Canon days, last week) have done it after I have transferred the images to an external disk and processed them but now with the X-T2's two card slots it occurs to me that it may be possible to keyword whilst the cards are still in the camera. It will mean, of course, getting a cable to allow the camera to communicate with the computer. I have set the X-T2 up so jpgs are on one card and RAWs on the other. Will I need to keyword each card separately or will keyword one card also keyword the other at the same time?

2. Greybeard Photography

Greybeard Photography Premium Member

-Return to Top-

What software are you planning to use to keyword the files in the camera? I'm not sure its possible to update an in-camera file.

3. Allsop

Allsop Member

-Return to Top-

As I said in my original post Alien Skin's Exposure 3

4. Greybeard Photography

Greybeard Photography Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I don't have Exposure 3 - but the software I do have does not allow me to update the files in camera.

But if you could, then presumably it would work the same way as Exposure 3 when you keyword your files stored in separate directories on your external drive.

5. runswithsizzers

runswithsizzers Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The owners manual for my XE2 is very specific about not trying to edit the files on the SD card.

6. Allsop

Allsop Member

-Return to Top-

I suppose the best way for me to find ut is to try it! Will so do later and report
    Thanks, I will nit try it! Could you please give the page reference in the manual, I wish it had a proper Index! Thanks

7. runswithsizzers

-Return to Top-

Download the PDF version of the owners manual for your camera from Fuji’s website and you can use the search function of your computer to find stuff.

I am away from my home computer for a few weeks, so it’s not convenient for me to find the page number, but here is exactly what it says, copied from the XE2 manual version 4.0:
    "Do not rename or delete this folder or use a computer or other device to edit, delete, or rename image files. Always use the camera to delete pictures..."
    The “folder” mentioned here is the one on your SD card.

8. runswithsizzers

-Return to Top-

Here is the same warning from the manual for the XT2:
    "Formatting a memory card in the camera creates a folder in which pictures are stored. Do not rename or delete this folder or use a computer or other device to edit, delete, or rename image files. Always use the camera to delete pictures; before editing or renaming files, copy them to a computer and edit or rename the copies, not the originals."

I had previously posted these quotes on this forum in a thread called “Workflow” but I did not document page numbers.

9. Allsop

Allsop Member

-Return to Top-

Thank you for this.