This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Kipon Pentax DA Lens Adapter?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Forum' started by runswithsizzers, May 20, 2017.

1. runswithsizzers

runswithsizzers Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Has anybody actually used the Please login or register to view links? This is the one that allows the aperture to be set on the Pentax DA lenses.

Specifically, can anyone tell me how much it weighs?

The only seller in the US seems to be Adorama - and neither Adorama nor the Kipon are showing a weight specification on their website.

I am trying to decide between using this with my Pentax DA 70 mm F2.4 Limited - or - buying the Fuji XC 50-230mm f4.5-6.7 zoom, and I'd like to compare the total weights before I decide.

2. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric

-Return to Top-

The aperture selection on those style of adapters is pretty hit and miss. There are no actual aperture markings you basically have to guess what the final lens aperture will be. That is the reason I have never thought about getting an adapter for my Nikon G lenses. I have an K+F adapter for old Pentax K lenses that have an aperture ring so its easy to use those ones.

3. runswithsizzers

runswithsizzers Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Well, I might get the simple version someday so I can mount my SMC Pentax 200mm f4 on my X-E2 for those rare occasions when I need something long.

But right now, I'm trying to decide if I want to take something with just a bit more reach than my 18-55mm on a trip where I'm really trying to keep the weight down. The 70mm Pentax lens is paid for, and if it comes in at half the weight of the Fuji XC 50-230mm f4.5-6.7, it might be a contender. I probably won't use it very much, and if it's fussy to use, I doubt I'll even take it because I know I won't want to mess with it.

On the other hand the 50-230mm f4.5-6.7 is auto everything, it has way more reach, it takes the same filters as my 18-55 mm, and I can live with the weight and cost (reluctantly) - so why mess with the adapted 70mm?