This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Man, the X-T3 is a complex beast

Discussion in 'X-T3, X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T100' started by ojporqpojrewpo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. ojporqpojrewpo

ojporqpojrewpo Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Just got my X-T3 and even coming from an X-T2 the new features are quite intimidating. Sports mode, ES or MS, different fps, Pre-shot ES and so on. It will take me a long time to figure out when to use these features and when not.

Otherwise, camera feels good. AF is fast, lens mount much tighter.

redshifted likes this.
  2. Stephen Chan

Stephen Chan Member

-Return to Top-

I came from an x-pro1 and x-e1. I’ve literally spent the last two weeks coming to grips with this camera and I’m only just about getting there where I’m fully confident.

You’re completely correct, it’s a very complex camera, but I’m loving it. I feel like I can do everything and anything with this camera.

Experimenting with all my older Fuji lenses and converting older Nikon lenses, in a word, amazing. Has breathed new life into 18mm, 35mm f1.4 as well.

One last thing: I’ve kept the manual nearby at all times and it does a pretty good job in explaining all the features. There are lots of things that will only come through by using the camera and spending time with it though.

redshifted and ojporqpojrewpo like this.
  3. jedorme

jedorme Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I just got an X-T3 two days ago, coming from an X-Pro2, & totally agree it is somewhat overwhelming in terms of the new features. I've decided to start out just setting up those features that I am familiar with from the XP2, but then need to figure out the best way to start understanding & taking advantage of the many new options. Since I don't plan any video (at least not initially), it hopefully will work out by sorting out the new ones, deciding which of them might really be utilized in my type of photography, & then taking them one at a time. But it still is a bit of a conundrum as to how best to do this.

redshifted and ojporqpojrewpo like this.
  4. redshifted

redshifted photographer

-Return to Top-

Well I'm a newbie again after trading my trusty XT2 for an XT3 today.
    I traded in my X100S too and one of my kids wanted my XPro1 and XF60mm so I'm down to one Fuji body and just a couple of lenses for awhile.
    After I figure out which screen protector to apply, update the firmware and get the right USB cable I can start working through the doorstop of an owner's manual :eek: :D.
    I'm looking forward to the new features!
    The battery should be finished charging any minute now :cool:.

trainer and Ish like this.