This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

New Member, New X-E3, First Photos

Discussion in 'X-E1, X-E2, X-E2S, X-E3' started by sesser, Nov 9, 2018.

1. sesser

sesser Active Member

-Return to Top-

So, I made a decision to consolidate all of my camera gear (including medium format and film gear) into a single system. I decided on Fuji based on mostly what I've seen produced by the system, the overall size of the cameras and lenses and form factor/usability (think physical controls and styling).

Anyway, I'm still in the process of "consolidating" but I've got the X-E3, 27/2.8 and 18-55mm kit. I got the camera yesterday (along with an adapter for some OM lenses) so I stopped on the say home from work to snap a few pics. I used to show RAW religiously, but since my version of Lightroom probably won't recognize the RAF files from the E3, I'm trying to stick to JPG only for now.

Here's a couple from this afternoon using either the Olympus OM 35/2 or 50/1.4.

Please login or register to view links

Cheers from Portland :)

2. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Beautiful pictures! However as a courtesy to other users, please post a maximum of two images in your opening post, then post a reply and include the rest of your images there (Please login or register to view links, 17th bullet point under "Posting Rules"). This works better with our What's New page.

Consider the What's New page: This page only shows the opening posts of new threads - but with all included images. This means if there's a multi-image post that users need to scroll down longer to see the other threads. This will make many users turn away and stop reading - especially if they don't just need to scroll, but also have to wait until all images have been loaded.

Mind you, I'm not trying to discourage you from showing your pictures. As a courtesy to other users who also want to showcase their images, simply post two teaser images in your next opening post, then post a reply to your own opening post and include the rest of your images there. Our portal will just display your teaser images - users who are attracted by them will subsequently click through to the thread and see the remainder of your images. This way, everyone will get his/her equal share of attention, and nobody will be put off.

3. sesser

sesser Active Member

-Return to Top-

Apologies for not reading the rules more closely. How can I edit/delete content from this post? It is not inherently obvious. If I'm unable, please feel free to delete the thread.

4. bacil

bacil Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Like the shots and the color.

5. Robmas4229

Robmas4229 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Very nice. It appears the XE3 suits you well. Although I also have an XT2, my XE3 is the one I almost always have with me.

6. Rosedalelad

Rosedalelad Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Which lens did you use for these shots?? How do you find the xf27 on the X-E3??

And of course, welcome :)

7. sesser

sesser Active Member

-Return to Top-

I received the camera body first and had an adapter for my OM lenses so these were shot with either the OM 50mm f1.4 or 35mm f2. I haven't gotten around to shooting with the XF27 that much just yet. I like that it's small though :)

8. Rosedalelad

Rosedalelad Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Yes, I'm debating whether to get another Fuji XF27 - the 15-45PZ that came with the XE3 is just so very convenient and also so very sharp that I feel another 27mm may not get used.

9. sesser

sesser Active Member

-Return to Top-

I also have the 18-55 which is a touch larger me thinks. So, the 27 is the "go everywhere" kind of lens that the 18-55 can't be. It reminds me of the Panasonic 20mm f1.7, only a little slower. But now I'm on the lookout for something a bit wider... 14/2.8 maybe. Or the Rok/Sam 12/2?