This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Nikon 50/1.8....Sun, what sun?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Forum' started by DaveBee, Oct 11, 2018.

1. DaveBee

DaveBee Member

-Return to Top-

Fuji X-E2 with a Nikon E Series adapted lens, SOOC. Certainly not perfect but interesting F16/22 rendering of multiple point sources, colour's accurate and hardly any flare. Manual focus, so cheap to buy, but fun to use DSCF8991w.jpg

2. rayvonn

rayvonn Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Can't go wrong with that lens.

3. Tara Elizabeth

Tara Elizabeth Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Nice rendering. I have the Nikon E 75-150 as my telephoto go-to and I really enjoy it. Those E series lenses are underrated.

rayvonn likes this.
  4. rayvonn

rayvonn Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I was thinking prior to their release, that the new Nikon mirrorless cameras would result in the price of the E series lenses increasing. Thankfully that's not the case. They are great lenses.

Tara Elizabeth likes this.
  5. DaveBee

DaveBee Member

-Return to Top-

Many thanks for your comments. Adapting to a Fuji body has been so far best for me with Pentax and Nikon lenses, only downside being their weight. Manual focus is an issue at times, but all in all a cheap way to have fun. To be fair I should try some comparison shots with my 16-50 and 50-230 Fujis.

Tara Elizabeth likes this.
  6. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric Staff Member

-Return to Top-

I have always found that Nikon lenses handle these sort of shots better than Fuji ones.

7. kevistopheles

kevistopheles Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Lovely shot.

Of all the adapted lenses I’ve used, Nikkors have consistently been the best (I don’t own any Zeiss or Leica). They’re not the smallest lenses and Pre-AI versions I like tend to be a bit heavy but I wouldn’t trade them for anything. My 28/2, 35/2, 50/2 and 105/2.5 all produce excellent results. A few of them right up there with the Fuji lenses.