This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Paint Shop Pro 2018 Upgrade - Crazy Pricing

Discussion in 'Post Processing Forum' started by jamie allan, May 16, 2018.

1. jamie allan

jamie allan Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I've just received an email from Corel offering a Paint Shop Pro 2018 upgrade for CA$29.99. Since it's Canadian company I didn't think anything of it and did a quick currency conversion to GBP of £17.29. That seemed a bargain so I clicked the upgrade radio button in the email and it took me to their site but with a British Pound in the top right hand corner. The page offered me the upgrade at £31.99. I can switch the page to show Canadian Dollars and it reverts to the CA$29.99. I don't know if I continued with the transaction in CA$ I'd get the product but it's certainly put me off from doing so. The VAT tax difference wouldn't allow for this disparity so it looks like rip off UK as normal.

2. ojporqpojrewpo

ojporqpojrewpo Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Stuff like this is pretty common. Some years ago I looked at train tickets in France. Through the english site they cost almost twice as much as through the french site. Same for airplane tickets. Booking the same flight from Germany or the US often has dramatically different pricing.

3. bobjar

bobjar Premium Member

-Return to Top-

And I cannot say if the same outside US, but if you look at several sites for airline ticket prices you will find the price increased when you return to an earlier page - judicious use of private mode and clearing/denying cookies suggested.

4. Greg_E

Greg_E Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Good idea.

5. davidfvj

davidfvj Premium Member

-Return to Top-

GIMP 2.10 just released ... much better idea!

6. Greybeard Photography

Greybeard Photography Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I quite like Paintshop Pro but it doesn't support Fuji compressed raw files