This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Poll: Battery purchases for Fuji cameras

Discussion in 'Lens and Accessory Reviews' started by trainer, Sep 11, 2016.

?
  1. I have only bought Fuji OEM batteries

24 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. I have only bought after market batteries.

45 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. I have bought both but more of the OEM batteries.

15 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. I have bought both but more of the after market batteries.

23 vote(s)
    21.5%
  1. yendikeno

yendikeno Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Voted - bought both, but more OEM. Bought them (OEM) quite some time ago when the price was reasonable, but it seems that lately their prices have almost doubled.

2. johndill

johndill Premium Member

-Return to Top-

When I go I out it is one in the camera and 2 in the pocket. It's a long , long day indeed when I hit that 3rd battery. I have a mix but am pretty happy with these Please login or register to view links

3. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Bought mainly Ex-Pro, seem fine, might buy OEM if battery life was better and I didn't need so many

4. Festus

Festus Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

That might be true down under. However in the U.S. I can give you hundreds of examples where there are products especially made for 3rd party vendors. Just one silly example: you purchase a major brand name faucet for your kitchen sink from a plumbimg supply house. Then go to a Menards, Lowes, or Home Depot. They will have an identical looking faucet from the same manufacturer, for 50% to 60% less money. But if you look closely to each, you will find that the more expensive faucet will be made of brass and have brass components, whereas the less expensive will have plastic components. The less expensive faucet is made to lesser standards for these 3rd party retailers. In the U.S, this will be common for TV's, appliances, etc., well you get my drift. Very, very common.

watertight and Asmguy like this.
  5. Big Ursus

Big Ursus Member

-Return to Top-

I have two OEMs (one that came with my X-T2, and another that came with my X-T1, I also have two third-party batteries. I carry one battery in my X-T2, and the other three in my camera bag.

By the way, I have never needed more than two batteries of any kind during one day of shooting in high performance mode with my X-T2, though I don't shoot video, and rarely use burst mode.

6. Chayelle

Chayelle Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I have bought about equally:
    for the X-T1 2 wasabi
    for the X-T2 2 OEM

These are in addition to the batteries which originally came with the cameras...

:)