This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Problems with imagetransfer from X-T2 to pc/laptop and Windows10

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by René Diepenbroek, Oct 31, 2016.

1. René Diepenbroek

René Diepenbroek New Member

-Return to Top-

I did some testwork because importing images from my new X-T2 with Windows Explorer and MyFinePisStdudio did give huge problems. Importing was unpossible with an USB3/USB2 connection to my PC. After some images were imported both programs came in a complete hang-up situation. My 2 memorycards are from SanDisk: Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-II card 64G. Next things I performed:

• Searching on the internet had minor results. I found some messages about problems with importing/exporting with the X-T2.

• The continues transfer of image files from the camera to the pc crashed consistent after having transferred several number of images (not always at the same number) . At the testing there were between 100 and 250 images on a single memory card. I did transfertests with Windows Explorer and MyFinePixStudio. The same happened when I tried to transfer images to my laptop. On both machines is the operating system Windows10 (most actual updates, also Windows10 Anniversary Update).

• I checked on both systems for the most actual USB-drivers: present. On the Intel site nothing to find/read about problems with USB-drivers and Windows10.

• I used my imagetank NextoM1. This system works with a Linux operating system. Result: without a single problem all my images were transferred to the NextoM1. Both memorycards in the X-T2 in backup-mode.

• Again searching the internet (now spending more time) and I found that certain Intel drivers have problems with Windows 10. Very probably are those driverproblems following the major Windows update of a few months back. The drivers do not work correctly.

• After this I got a laptop with Windows7: no problem in transferring images.

• I installed on my pc besides Windows 10 on a separate SSD Ubuntu with its own bootloader. Ubuntu uses its own USB-drivers with the same hardware of course. Result: No problem in transferring images to my pc.

The conclusion is for me clear:
    1. The Intel USB Enhanced Host Controller along with Windows 10 (with the latest updates) don’t function in a correct way together with my motherboard (ASUS P9X79-E WS equipped with 64 GB ram). It’s waiting now until Intel comes with good working drivers.

2. There is no problem with the Fujinon X-T2 as I thought in respect to USB3/USB2 transfer.

Perhaps some X-T2 owners have the same problem as I experienced. I hope my testing and what I found will help you.

René

2. Goldingd

Goldingd Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Lot to read thru, so I will ignore doing so .

What I would be looking for is how you are attempting to copy the files. Are you:

(1) Removing the SD card from the camera and pLacing the SD card in a reader connected to the computer
    or
    (2) Leaving the SD card in the camera an Connecting the camera to the PC?

3. Goldingd

Goldingd Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Also, on the PC side of the equation, next time it crashes, note the time, then after a reboot, use the event log viewer and look for a critical error(s), then google that error for a fix/remedy.

4. René Diepenbroek

-Return to Top-

Hello Goldingd,
    1. I first removed the SD card into a SD card reader. Windows did not see the SD card reader at all.
    2. I left the SD cards in the camera and made the connection camera <-> pc. Some images were transferred and then 'stop'.

René

5. René Diepenbroek

-Return to Top-

Hello Goldingd,

Perhaps you should read my post. My pc did not crash: Windows Explorer and MyFinePixStudio did nothing anymore after having imported some images. Even closing the program in 'a normal way' was unpossible. I could only 'close' with the taskmanager.

Greetings, René

6. Goldingd

Goldingd Premium Member

-Return to Top-

You may want to call Asus support. Not an answer for your laptop (make/model), but visiting the Asus web page for your PC MB (ASUS P9X79-E WS ) indicates no support for Windows 10. Support page does not list any drivers for Windows 10)

Please login or register to view links

Please login or register to view links

7. René Diepenbroek

-Return to Top-

Hello Goldingd,

Thanks for the information. I will contact Asus.

Greetings, René