This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Professional studio flash system (Elinchrom?)

Discussion in 'Fuji X Flash and Artificial Lighting (LED, etc.)' started by totheheartphoto, Aug 12, 2017.

1. totheheartphoto

totheheartphoto New Member

-Return to Top-

Dear,

I am looking to buy a professional flash system that works with fujifilm.
    The Elinchrom ELC 500 Pro HD seems interesting (because of its creative modes), but nothing is known about the compatibility of all its functions (including Hi-Sync). My budget is around 2000 euro including taxes for 2 strobes.

Do you guys have any recommendations? Or experience with Elinchrom and Fuji?

Thanks in advance,
    Andreas

2. Fujiphotog

Fujiphotog Amateur photographer.

-Return to Top-

I have not used this particular new model but have used their 300 and 600 WS monoblocs in my studio and indoor locations for over 10 years, with no repairs needed on any of the 4 lights. They are reliably triggered by the Elinchrom transmitter which sits comfortably in my X-T2 hotshoe. I don't use either HSS or TTL in a studio setting, so can't advise on those applications.

3. fatdeko

fatdeko Premium Member

-Return to Top-

You'll save a ton of money and get full TTL and HSS support (for those flashes that have it) if you go with Godox. If you're dragging lights on location through the gauntlet of airports, however, something with a beefier build quality is in order. But today, the best Fuji support for TTL and HSS in studio or location strobes comes from Godox.

jknights likes this.
  4. Fujiphotog

Fujiphotog Amateur photographer.

-Return to Top-

If I was starting again today with no studio equipment I would look very closely at the Godox equipment.

5. Osa713

Osa713 Member

-Return to Top-

Another vote for Godox, the ad600 is amazing for the price. With your budget you can get 2 units and a gang of modifiers.

6. bobbyzfx

bobbyzfx Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Godox. Have bunch of Elinchrom lights in our studio at work and half of them have issues. And fix is as expensive as getting new ones.

7. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Another vote for Godox.

The other makes are just expensive versions of the Godox without the HSS and TTL. Most professionals want power adjustment from camera and manual control of the light. Godox delivers this.