This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Royal International Air Tattoo

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Iansky, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Iansky

Iansky Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I went with a friend to one of the Park & View sites on Friday and the weather was kind if not a little changeable, the aircraft were right overhead so a good location for photos.

Used the X-T2+100-400 and even though I am happy with the results, I am becoming frustated with the AFC and have decided to go back to Nikon for my sport shooting and keep a couple of my Fuji's for street / walkabout work.

These are some of my images from the day.

Full set here - 571 Photography

DSCF0585-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF0661-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF0698-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF0740-FrameShop.jpg

DSCF0959-FrameShop.jpg

DaveX, mnhoj and trainer like this.
  2. ukaskew

ukaskew Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

These look great. What exactly were you finding was the problem with AF-C? I used the same combo yesterday and it was pretty stunned at how well it kept up, I don't think I missed anything due to the AF system not keeping up.

I used Single Point, AF-C. As is often the case (with any system) I didn't find the clever tracking options to add anything apart from frustration.

3. Iansky

Iansky Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks ukaskew, for a while now I have been feeling frustrated (castle Combe motorcycle racing and then RIAT as well as other sporting event), the cameras are superb for documentary / street but compared to my former Nikons I have found the Fuji's lacking so alas I am moving back to Nikon for my sport / wildlife work yet keeping the 100s and X70 for street and landscape work.

Superb series of photos on Flikr and a real variety of equipment.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017