This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Sony A9 - I Caved

Discussion in 'Sony Mirrorless Discussion' started by johndizzo15, Jun 17, 2017 at 9:59 PM.

1. johndizzo15

johndizzo15 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I had initially preordered and then decided I should just wait for real world feedback. So hold my horses I did.

Then last week, I had a moment of weakness/boredom and decided to pull the trigger anyway. lol.

So far, I have been very impressed. Looks like there will be another A7R2 on the used market soon.[​IMG]

2. kenbennett

kenbennett Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I shot with one at a conference last week. Seem very well designed for sports/news shooters. Very fast and quiet. Feels solid. If they can bring out the appropriate lenses and professional service, Sony could end up being a serious competitor to CaNikon for some segments of the pro market.

3. johndizzo15

johndizzo15 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I think they're already in a pretty good spot now with the glass they currently have. Where the deficiencies lie are on the telephoto end when needing fast primes.

As far as the body goes, it's the first Sony body I've used that has addressed mostly everything that I have had issues with previously. This thing is about as close as I've gotten to something that meets every one of my expectations. My only wishes for the next iteration at this point are in-cam processing like Fuji (since the new JPEG engine is stellar compared to previous bodies), and perhaps at 30-36mp sensor vs 24. I'm sure we will see them at some point in the future when sensors, processors, tech all catches up to make it possible. But until then, this is the most awesome sauce I've experienced across all brands to date.