This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Sticky Aperture Blades issue after almost 6 years

Discussion in 'X100F, X100T, X100S, X100, and X70' started by Samoreen, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Samoreen

Samoreen Member

-Return to Top-

FYI

The problem appeared on my X100 only a few weeks ago, after almost 6 years and thousands of shots. Shooting at small apertures results in overexposed images. Fortunately, the replacement of the lens block is still free here in France.

C Nagappa and johant like this.
  2. Samoreen

Samoreen Member

-Return to Top-

Problem fixed by the local maintenance service in exactly one week, door to door.

3. Skylark

Skylark Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Good news, is it a known issue, free repair even if out of warranty?

4. Samoreen

Samoreen Member

-Return to Top-

Yes, the problem affected the early X100 series but usually, it appeared rather quickly. My X100 worked normally during the past 6 years but suddenly, this SAB problem appeared a few weeks ago.

Yes. I really appreciate this policy :) .

5. Samoreen

Samoreen Member

-Return to Top-

By the way, the serial number of my X100 was not among those supposed to be affected by the SAB problem. So beware, any owner of an X100 should make clear with the local customer service whether the lens block replacement is still free.

6. fordfanjpn

fordfanjpn Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I appreciate Fuji's great service, but what I really love is the fact that people are still shooting with the X100. I still have my X100 but don't shoot with it as much as I should. By the way, I looked at your website and really like your work. How much of it was done with the X100?

7. Samoreen

Samoreen Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks for the kind words, fordfanjpn.

I'm working mainly with the X100 + X-Pro1 (when I really need a longer or a shorter focal length), a Canon 5D MK II (+my old 5D for portraits) and with a couple of analog cameras (Zeiss Ikon ZM + Voigtländer Bessa R4A), depending on what I'm doing and whether I'm on the road. From what you see on my website, about 20%+ of the images have been shot with the X100 : "La Surprise d'Olympia, the Budapest Cemetery, many pictures from the "Geométries" series,...

I do like the X100 very much despite the strange user interface. I could switch to a X100 S, T or F one of these days because of the higher image definition now that I have found a good RAW processor for the X-Trans images (Iridient X-Transformer). But now that I have a new lens on my X100, I'm sure that I'll use it for a long time still.

Greetings from Fontainebleau, France.

8. Samoreen

Samoreen Member

-Return to Top-

I see that we are both guitar players (I have been playing classical and folk guitar since I was 16 - 53 years ago - yes, my avatar image is a bit old :) ). I like the way you photograph people on the street. Your pictures make me want to consider a trip to Japan. I never traveled to this country and it seems that I should finally plan this.