This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Thank you Fuji for the new histogram option in firmware 3!

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by Zurubi, Dec 7, 2017 at 5:14 AM.

1. Zurubi

Zurubi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I have wanted this option since my first Fuji purchase... The new RGB histograms are a bit intrusive but it's better than not having them!

The issue is well explained here:

Please login or register to view links

2. Lumens

Lumens Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I've never paid much attention to the RGB histograms, but that link really shows how they really SHOULD BE used when shooting colorful subjects such as flowers. I will be looking at them more often.

For me the BIG improvement were the blinkies, First time out they confused me a bit as they did not necessarily agree with the histogram I use religiously. What I learned when I got to post process is in reality I can't read the small grey histogram on the LCD as well as I thought. When I exposed based on the blinkies I was MUCH MORE accurate.

Agreed, THANK YOU Fuji for this update, it added quite an improvement to the operation of my XT-2.

3. Zurubi

Zurubi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

+1 on the blinkies, like you, that tiny histogram was nearly impossible to read!

4. lbrown44

lbrown44 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Agreed. Love it!

5. Lumens

Lumens Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I couldn't help but read that link several times, it kept me thinking about the close up shots I've taken during the spring of some really nice flowers. I went back and took a look at some of those shots. Yes, in some the colors are blown out! I knew there was something I didn't like about those shots but couldn't quite pin it down. Now I know and more important, I know what to do about it.

THANKS, for that link.