This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The X-Pro2: A Worthy Successor?

Discussion in 'X-Pro2 and X-Pro1' started by adamjbonn, Sep 4, 2016.

1. adamjbonn

adamjbonn adambonn.com

-Return to Top-

Well you're both up on me linguistically

I've been trying to learn Portuguese and I do indeed know some, does me no good though

Turns out that you can't have a vagueish Michael Caine sounding voice and expect to be understood :)

My contact at Fuji PT is called Joáo

I can't pronounce that to save my life... well maybe if I stubbed my toe half way through. :D

gyoung likes this.
  2. gyoung

gyoung Premium Member

-Return to Top-

When I went to Montreal I was the typical product of the British education system, talk loud to foreigners, and brought up on how we won the war stories.
    In Montreal (half English speakiing, half French Quebecois patois) I worked for a company (a Leica dealer) run by three German speakers, two from Sudetanland Czeckoslovakia and one from Hanover. I loved in a rooming house with three Swiss, one a country boy from the mountains on the north west of Switzerland, one a very correct Zuricher and the other a French speaker from Neuchatel (who refused to speak French in case his got corrupted by Quebecois). Thete were also 2 other Engishmen from different cultural backgrounds and an Irishman.
    So 4 different German dialects virtually incomprehensible to each other, and 2 French. We also had a Hungarian working there and customers from all over Europe.
    I learnt a lot, not only about language and culture. Two of the German speakers had war stories from the 'other side', and the Hungarian had flown Me109s!. He taught me to swear in Hungarian, although I can now only remember the translations, most are not suitable for polite conversation, but 'Ach, he hears the grass growing' is a good one for the theories we get on forums.
    Since then I have spent 3-4 weeks each year travelling in Europe in a campervan for 30 years (although that's ending now with eyesight problems) spending much time in France, Germany and Switzerland, the Alps in particular.
    So languages are fascinating, idioms and useage different in many areas of the same country.

Lifes rich pageant! Gerry

Ken Ford likes this.
  3. F2Bthere

F2Bthere Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Make a long, buzzing zzzzzzzz sound. Remember how the air passing through your mouth feels.

Put your mouth in the position where you would make the first sound of the word jam, but just hold the position. Now send air through your mouth like you did but hold that spot.

Once you can make the buzzing in the j spot sound, finish it with "wow!" Like something exciting happened. Jjjjjjjwow!

adamjbonn and gyoung like this.
  4. AdrianG

AdrianG Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Hahaha, it's got some german words in it, some french and some of its own and it's got its own grammar and it sound like Welsh imitated by a dutch. I call it outlandish and my daughter calls me "Löu!" or "Konar!" for that.
    Lauterbrunnental near Interlaken:
    XP2M3569a.jpg

And one of the dozens of waterfalls the Lauterbrunnental is famous for:
    XP2M3540.jpg

adamjbonn, gyoung and YogiMik like this.
  5. gyoung

gyoung Premium Member

-Return to Top-

We like staying in Wilderswil, handy for buses and trains, and some nice walks. There is a campsite in the village with a view of the Eiger.
    Favourite spot in the whole of Europe we have visited is Kleine Scheidegg, views of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau, while having a nice lunch after walking, and an interesting train ride or two (I like trains!)
    No pics with Fuji yet, we haven't been back since I got it. :-(

Gerry

6. adamjbonn

adamjbonn adambonn.com

-Return to Top-

Today I start off a three part article that compares the two XF23s (F1.4 & F2)

Over this series I'll be taking a close look at both lenses, their pros and cons, and attempting to answer the questions I've received about these lenses

Enjoy!

Please login to view links

gyoung likes this.
  7. adamjbonn

adamjbonn adambonn.com

-Return to Top-

Continuing my three part article that compares the two XF23s (F1.4 & F2)

Today, in part two I look at the rendering differences between the two 23s

Enjoy!

Please login to view links

gyoung likes this.