This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The X100F is so good I almost...

Discussion in 'X100F, X100T, X100S, X100, X70, XF10' started by TonyWilkins, Dec 12, 2017.

1. TonyWilkins

TonyWilkins Premium Member

-Return to Top-

...regret getting myself the X Pro 2 for Christmas. I’ve been playing around with the X100F for a few weeks and am really digging it. I got the XP2 to use the lens and get better AF from my XP1. I also thought I’d be too constrained by the single field of view. I’m surprised it hasn’t been an issue yet at all.

im sure I’ll love the XP2 but if I were making the decision today I’d have skipped it and maybe just gotten the 90 and 14 for my XP1.

2. Narsuitus

Narsuitus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

What lenses were you using on your X-Pro1?

What would be wrong with using the X100F with its fixed 23mm lens and the X-Pro2 with interchangeable 90 and 14mm lenses?

3. TonyWilkins

-Return to Top-

I have: 18, 35/1.4, 50/2, 18-55, and 50-230 ii

There’s a 23/2 in the XP2 kit

4. StephenL

StephenL Pixel scutcher

-Return to Top-

I'm so enchanted with my X100F plus WCL that I'm sorely tempted to go minimalist and sell my X-T2 plus lenses. Never had this feeling for the X100S I owned. Don't know why.

X100Tom and Kirstybell like this.
  5. khunrudi

khunrudi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

nice line-up. I would kindly suggest you add the 10-24mm, you will be amazed at the extreme wide angle possibilities.

6. TonyWilkins

-Return to Top-

Being in West Texas I really want a wider angle. I have considered that zoom, the 14, or the 16 — leaning towards the 14.

7. SpudX

SpudX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I have the X100F (my 3rd copy), having sold my previous two. Each time that I think that I can do without it, I miss it shortly after selling and buy another. I have the same feeling, though, about the X-Pro2. I have only had one copy of it, but sorely miss it. Haven't pulled the trigger on another, though.

Yet.

It is Fuji's fault because they keep making great gear ... ;)

8. Wijdh

Wijdh New Member

-Return to Top-

Completely agree on that, the 10-24 is my favorite lens, terrific!

Alfred Eyesenstadt likes this.
  9. Alfred Eyesenstadt

Alfred Eyesenstadt Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Same for me!

Wijdh likes this.
  10. randomshotsfired

randomshotsfired Member

-Return to Top-

Get the Fuji 16mm 1.4 lens and you will change your mind. That lens paired with Fuji's latest sensor on newer cameras is magic.

Check out why this guy got rid of his X100, and its because of the 16mm 1.4

11. noeltykay

noeltykay Premium Member

-Return to Top-

You can't go wrong with the 14, 16 or 10-24. I shoot architecture and have owned all three. I started with the 14MM and decided to get a 10-24 to replace it for those time I needed a few extra mm's in interiors. The 10-24 has become my workhorse. I had the opportunity to pick up a used (in new condition) 16MM and I did. It is a fantastic lens. I prefer the size and weight of the 14 over the 16, but the IQ of the 16 is INCREDIBLE!

12. Bud James

Bud James Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I have a pristine Fuji XF 16m f1.4 with optional rectangular lens hood for sale in classifieds. I've only shot about 200 images with it. I prefer the flexibility of the 10-24 f4 for my type of photography.

Regards,
    Bud James

Please login or register to view links

13. rsn48

rsn48 Active Member

-Return to Top-

The X 100F is like a prime lens, excellent at what it does but when you try to make it something it isn't IQ is affected. The X 100F is a niche camera, a wonderful niche camera, but specialized nevertheless. Why not work on an area where your interchangeable gear works for you, so animal and birds, sports, landscapes (zoom lenses work well or longer tele's work well). Over time, my photographic interests have shifted and fortunately I had the equipment to make that transition, or purchases were minimal to bring my gear up to speed.

If I didn't have security issues in my head, I'd continue to use my Canon 5D 4 in street photography. I often shoot at night and sometimes in some not so great areas so overtime I thought it was realistic to assume I might encounter some trouble - and this in one of the safer cities in North America - Vancouver, BC.

So I like the smaller photo print and the all black colour, I'm prepared to tell some "iffy" characters I might encounter, the X 100F is an old used film camera pointing out almost everyone prefers digital cameras.