This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

What software for

Discussion in 'X-Pro2 and X-Pro1' started by GerryMiller, May 15, 2018.

1. GerryMiller

GerryMiller New Member

-Return to Top-

What software/program do I need to open my XPro 2 RAW files? I am primarily a film shooter, so my software is ancient. CS2 & Elements 11. I downloaded Fuji X RAW Studio, but haven't had any luck opening RAW with that. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerry

2. Just Browsing

Just Browsing Member

-Return to Top-

For X Raw Studio to work you have to read the instructions. Basically it does the same as the in-camera convertor. You move the raw files to your computer, connect the camera, open Studio, and convert the RAWS into JPGs using the limited parameters of the software. Reading and following the instructions is essential though.
    I use Adobe's Lightroom if ever I need to convert a raw, but mostly I use Lightroom to catalogue my files and make small changes to my out of camera JPGs.

Fuji also supply a free silkypix software with the camera or downloadable from the Fuji support site that does the job - I haven't used it.

3. Chuck Carstensen

Chuck Carstensen Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Gerry, there are a ton of FREE RAW converters on line. Do a Google search on "RAW image Converters." Experiment with several to see which one fits your liking. You do have a learning curve so stick with it. For me, Photoshop photography subscription is recommended. You get the latest versions of Lightroom (classic and modern), Bridge, Camera RAW, and Photoshop CC2018. All for only 10 bucks a month. ;) RAW gets you ALL the data captured in camera. Jpgs are all processed in camera.

4. GerryMiller

GerryMiller New Member

-Return to Top-

^^^ Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.