This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

What to expect from the X-E4

Discussion in 'General X Camera Forum' started by AMSOS, Nov 8, 2018.

1. versesinanelegiacmetre

versesinanelegiacmetre Member

-Return to Top-

"...it is more and more difficult to distinguish between good and bad photos".

Doesn't matter who or what took the picture it's easy to differentiate between what's good and bad.

Too much talking here, just take photos. Anyone would think you're on a forum :)

2. Mr SMW

Mr SMW Triple Platinum Member

-Return to Top-

As has been mentioned above, NO ONE here knows, but I think an XE4 is more likely than not. Thinking about it, along with the innards of the XT3, a flip screen would be welcome but unlike some folks, I like the size.

I doubt if pricing would change much. The XT3 is cheaper than the XT2 despite being a higher spec. It would not make any sense for Fuji to push the price of an XE4 up especially assuming there will probably be a higher spec X Pro 3 at some point.

I don't think any FF system has much impact at all. Fuji have made their case for not entering that arena and choose instead to bracket it.

We shall find out in good time.

YogiMik likes this.
  3. BloodNGutsMurphy

BloodNGutsMurphy Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I hope it will have the body of the X-E2. Getting used to the 3’s body, buttons, dials and joystick is taking forever, not my cup of tea at all. I got used to the 2 immediately.

Plus that will mean more space for cooling those juicy X-T3 video specs, increasing the chance they are included. Still not 100% sure I will keep the 3 yet. Might have to sell it instead of the 2 which was much simpler and more enjoyable to use.

4. AMSOS

AMSOS Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I sometimes miss the flip screen too. But then there is something quite appealing about the drive for minimalism, without having compromised on the essentials. It was only when I had got the E2s that I realised how much flip or more complicated screens add to the body. In any case, there's the X-T30 (also coming up?) for that.
    Now that I think about it, I am quite curious as to why Fuji went downwards on the price. This seems to be an anomaly in today's context when the camera industry is going up and becoming more feature driven.
    What kind of pressures is this in response to? Surely, Fuji didn't suddenly decide to take a cut of their profits for altruistic reasons :)
    I have read up some about the advances promised by the Nikon Z mount - the ability to design much sharper and lighter lenses. While APS-C is obviously not in direct competition with FF, I still wonder what the entry of the biggest players in mirrorless augurs for other not so big brands. I think more than see this in terms of technical aspects like sensor size, it would help to consider the overall costs of a system. But I don't know much about all this, so curious to hear what other think.

5. Mr SMW

Mr SMW Triple Platinum Member

-Return to Top-

Now that I think about it, I am quite curious as to why Fuji went downwards on the price. This seems to be an anomaly in today's context when the camera industry is going up and becoming more feature driven.
    What kind of pressures is this in response to? Surely, Fuji didn't suddenly decide to take a cut of their profits for altruistic reasons

I'd guess to keep a decent price differential between the FF players such as the Sony A7iii, the Nikon Z6 and Canon EOS R.

DP Review just did a new round up and it 'allowed' the XT3 to easily win in the under $1500 category.

In the $2000 group, would that have happened? I'd say the Sony would nudge it but probably not the other pair.

All just opinion though...

6. rlx

rlx Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I feel that Fuji assigns his most experienced engineers to the development of the XT and XH series of cameras and the focus lately was on improving target tracking across the sensor and provide better video capabilities and it looks like Fuji got it right with the X-T3. Those newer capabilities should trickle down to the other models but at lower prices. There might be regressions along the way though like smaller buttons and whatever is needed to meet price targets. I wouldn't expect anything ground breaking from the x-E4, but who knows?