This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Where can the problem be? on the machine or firmware?

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by Danienet0, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Danienet0

Danienet0 New Member

-Return to Top-

Good afternoon, I recently updated the firmware of my X-T2 to version 3.00.

I also bought the Fujinon xf 50-140mm f2.8 LM OIS WR lens, and what happens with this lens is the following, I take a photograph, press the button to view, and when I re-shoot the camera can not focus, and the The lens aperture information appears f0, and only returns to focus after turning the camera off and on again.

I have two more lenses one 35mm 2f and one 16mm 1.4, and with these two lenses in the machine, it works normally.

I went to the store where I bought the lens, and tested with the store owner, a lens of his, like mine (50-140) on my machine, and the problem remained.
    Then we tested my lens (50-140) on his machine in which he did not have the latest version of the firmware and the machine worked normally without problems.

I deduce that the problem here is an incompatibility between version 3.00 of X-T2 and lens 50-140.

2. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

The problem you describe rather points to a contact problem between camera and lens. Clean the contacts both on your camera body and your lens using a dry, lint-free cotton cloth and try again.

Your test results are inconclusive wrt to where the problem is located (camera or lens). I cannot imagine an incompatibility between camera firmware and lens because if that were so, our forum would be full of problem reports.

What I could imagine is a dimensional mismatch of manufacturing tolerances between lens and camera. Did you take a close look at the lens bayonet and compare it with that of the lens copy at your dealers'? If you can't find any discrepancy, I'd suggest that you contact Fuji's customer service. Be prepared however that they might want to look both at your camera and your lens.

BillC-PA likes this.
  3. Danienet0

Danienet0 New Member

-Return to Top-

Already, thanks for the reply.

clean, I've cleaned, and the problem continues.
    My lens (50-140) worked well on another body, but another equal lens on my X-T2 body does not work. I believe that with the lens everything is fine.
    probably the problem is in the machine, but I already sent it to fujifilm, I hope they solve the problem or give me another machine.

4. GregWard

GregWard Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I'd agree with @Arjay - not least because I have the X-T2 running v3 of the firmware and the 50-140mm (running the up to date 1.21 firmware) and I have no issues. I've just tried the exact process you describe and my camera is very happy to focus the second time. It is clearly not a universal compatibility issue but something more unusual.

You could try checking the firmware version on the lens? It should be v1.21. Also - as @Arjay says it could be the connection between lens and camera. Sometimes there's a very small amount of "wiggle" in the lens mount. You could try (carefully) rotating the lens without pressing the lens release button and seeing if the f0 error goes away?

5. Danienet0

Danienet0 New Member

-Return to Top-

still insisting, but why does it only crash after viewing an image taken? Is there any reason for this?