This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Wirless Trigger--center pin ground?

Discussion in 'Fuji X Accessories' started by shuttereye, May 19, 2017.

1. shuttereye

shuttereye New Member

-Return to Top-

There is no manufactured solution for what I want soooo I'm going to be tring a little DIY.

I've switched over to only the 100 series + converters but hate them without a thumb grip, BUT you add the thumb grip and no longer have a hot shoe.

The only thing I use the hot she for is a flash trigger (center pin only no ttl needed) so I've decided to try and intigrate a trigger into a thumbgrip.

For the center pin to fire does the trigger also need to be contacting the ground? I would think so but I feel like I remember a trigger in the past that I used that had a plastic foot and no ground, just the center pin and that would make things a bit easier.

2. MariusM

MariusM Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Pricey, but there is this:
    Please login or register to view links

3. shuttereye

shuttereye New Member

-Return to Top-

Yeah I've seen that one.....for the price it's kind of ugly IMO. and I'd still need to stack a trigger on top of that so it's getting a little taller than I was hoping. My goal is to put one of the tiny flashq triggers on the grip.
    I've done some image searching of disassembled triggers and all of them seem to have a ground of some kind so it looks like it will need that....No big deal but one more step.