This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-H1 Annoying feature!

Discussion in 'X-H1' started by Mike Gorman, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

An annoying feature of the new wonder machine is “Power Saving Mode” in that when using the LCD or EVF in normal mode after about 10-15 seconds of viewing but otherwise inactivity, the EVF and LCD go into power saving mode and the refresh rate is halved and the view becomes a bit jittery and jerky as the screens then struggle to keep the smoothness of the usual operation! Press a the shutter halfway or the back focus button and the smooth operation returns for a short while

Apparently this is a feature not a fault as Fuji UK support informed me! also this feature happens on the X-T2 as well, this phenomenon doesn’t happen in boost mode. Fuji UK promised to pass on my comments to Japan. I never noticed this on my X-T2!

Hopefully a firmware update will give the opportunity to switch this feature off.

2. pszilard

pszilard RemektekMedia.com

-Return to Top-

If you put it in High Performance mode this does not happen. Not sure if you can do this without the battery grip, but there is a switch on the grip for doing this.

3. Lars Steenhoff

Lars Steenhoff New Member

-Return to Top-

High Performance mode ( Boost mode ) can be enabled without the grip, both on X-T2 and xh1

Mike Gorman likes this.
  4. Mike Gorman

-Return to Top-

Lars, is quite correct, I hope Fujifilm is listening!

5. visorvet

visorvet Premium Member

-Return to Top-

If you can prevent this by simply switching into High Performance/Boost mode (in-camera, no battery grip), what is it you’d like Fuji to hear and do? Something has to give if you want to prioritize power-saving.
    Sounds like it is no different from the X-T2 in this regard.

6. Mike Gorman

-Return to Top-

I personally like to turn off power-saving or at least extend the non P-S period to say a minute, because power consumption is greater in boost mode than in normal mode, 13 seconds is not enough!

visorvet likes this.
  7. Malsam

Malsam Member

-Return to Top-

I find this dizzy initially and thought my unit might be spoil until I saw this post. Yes it’s annoying but a press of the shutter will resolved it is fine...only if the “recovery” is faster...

8. Greg_E

Greg_E Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Seems like it would be better to have a user set timer, maybe something like 2 minutes? Or maybe just off? Going into HP mode eats even more battery than normal active mode.

Mike Gorman likes this.
  9. Mike Gorman

-Return to Top-

My point exactly, if I can select an Auto Power off time of 15 sec to 5 minutes or off in the sensible range offered, why can’t I do the same for LCD & VF refresh rate slow down? Hopefully Fuji will take note and give us a firmware fix!

10. Rblum22

Rblum22 Member

-Return to Top-

Does anyone's viewfinder seem to be be insanely bright when it is first turned on (for a second or 2) before it begins to show the actual exposure of the scene? This seems to happen when I turn the camera on and after the viewfinder engages when I am done reviewing photos on the LCD.

11. icSlowMo

icSlowMo Member

-Return to Top-

Mine does the same, but if you tap the shutter button, seems to correct it faster...

Chris