This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-H1 Lockup poll/questionnaire

Discussion in 'X-H1' started by millifoo, May 17, 2018.

1. millifoo

millifoo Member

-Return to Top-

I'm trying to tease out if there's any commonality between those who have experienced X-H1 lockups. If you have a minute, I'd appreciate if you could taket his short poll:

Please login or register to view links

Questions include memory brand / type, raw compression (or not), battery brand, lenses uses, and a few more.

I'll post results in aproximately a week.

2. millifoo

millifoo Member

-Return to Top-

Addendum: I'm looking for responses from people who have *OR* have not had their X-H1 lock up. This way I can also look for patterns for those systems that are not locking up.

3. Dbolia

Dbolia New Member

-Return to Top-

At the time of the lock-up, I had a PNY SDXC, 128GB in slot 1 and Fujifilm SDXC II in slot 2 of my X-H1.

4. liggy

liggy GASaholic Camera Fondler

-Return to Top-

You need an option for Compressed RAW+JPEG.

5. icSlowMo

icSlowMo Member

-Return to Top-

Added my data point. Both my lock ups happened with the battery grip installed. Once I disconnected power grip, camera turned off. I have also received the message on screen to power cycle the camera before and after firmware update.

Chris

6. m.c. von s

m.c. von s New Member

-Return to Top-

lock up with battery grip; without battery grip; after 1.10 firmware update as well - fujifilm support recommended an exchange now - am waiting on new body. And here i was starting to think it was just me as i haven't seen much in the general net on this topic for the xh1 at all.
    Also swapped memory cards and batteries - all fuji batteries; all fresh cards.
    only solve has been
    - if grip on - unattach and camera restarts
    - if no grip disconnect battery - camera restarts.

7. pointreyes

pointreyes Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Always used compressed RAW+Jpeg with UHS-II cards (either ProGrade or SanDisk paired not mixed configured for backup).

With firmware v1.0, I did have strange situation where I would turn on camera and lens AF would not work. It would take turning on and off camera one or more times for AF to finally work.
    I also had the typical EFCS situation which did get fixed with firmware 1.02. The odd AF situation did go away with 1.02, also.

Mainly use the camera with battery grip. I have only experienced once a lock-up with battery grip attached like others have experienced but with the X-T1 not the X-H1.
    I do remove the battery grip from the X-H1 for recharging the batteries using the grip. I only use the Fuji branded 126s batteries.

8. roncromberge

roncromberge New Member

-Return to Top-

No lockups.

Find a nice youtube film about all the so called "problems".

9. m.c. von s

m.c. von s New Member

-Return to Top-

cool find. thank you for sharing.

10. m.c. von s

m.c. von s New Member

-Return to Top-

There's an observation here about "buffer issue" - having to wait on the camera to finish writing to the card. - i've had this issue without heavy bursts at all - but lets say this is an issue freaking us all out: HOW ABOUT having the screen say "writing to card" and give a progress bar - kinda like computers do when writing to disk???