This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X pro 2 Price Jump..

Discussion in 'X-Pro2 and X-Pro1' started by Digital~Nomad, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Digital~Nomad

Digital~Nomad Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Evening peeps..

Looking at another x pro 2 body..1 purchased less than a week ago from WEX at a price of £1349...less than a week later website is showing £1599

Of course there’s cash back at the minute but that’s really not the point..a £250 price hike in a matter of days.I rang wex and a few other dealers to confirm the price hike and there saying yes...X-T2 has not had the same price hit at some places...even works out a little cheaper at some dealers....the dealers had no response to this

Anyone else noticed this .??? I can do with a small price jump but £250 come on play the game fuji...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. delb0y

delb0y Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Oh dear. My plan to wait for the price to come down (like I did with the XP1) seems to have been well and truly thwarted :-(

3. Digital~Nomad

-Return to Top-

I’m hoping it’s an error on fuji’s part...it’s strange that no other body has had the price increase..,like I mentioned the dealers could not explain why the X-T2 hadn’t been hit with such a rise in price..

4. Dog Daze

Dog Daze Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

B&H is still listing XP-2 $1699 same as its been for quite a long time, here in the states

5. GregWard

GregWard Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Is it Fuji? Or is it currency fluctuations? The £ has been pretty hard hit over the last six months. It seems to be recovering a bit vs the dollar but I haven't checked against the yen?

6. AnthonyM

AnthonyM Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The £ has been on a rising trend against the USD for the last year. Please login or register to view links

It has also been on a rising trend against the yen. Please login or register to view links

It will be interesting to see the effect of the price hike on sales. The X-Pro 2 is something of a niche market, so may be able to take the increase in its stride. Or maybe not.

7. Digital~Nomad

-Return to Top-

If it is currency related then why no increase to the X-T2/X-T20

And

I also bought the 35mm f2 last week £349 ...now £429
    Also the 23mm f2 last week £399 now £479

Other lenses that I have my eyes on for my daughter have seen no further increase in price.

8. kiwitracks

kiwitracks Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I also see recent price increases here in New Zealand. I've only looked at lenses. About 6-8 months ago, I could have bought the 50-140 for under NZD2000. The price is now more than NZD2300. A few other lenses that I looked at show a similar trend...

9. Tilphot

Tilphot Premium Member

-Return to Top-

No price increase in Germany, as far as I can tell. While still in the EU, you may consider this offer for € 1449,- with an additional cashback rebate of € 200,- (!)

Please login or register to view links

I bought from them, it's a genuine dealer with an actual (physical) shop.

Digital~Nomad likes this.
  10. HSimon

HSimon Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Nowadays, prices will be aligned in respect of the demand and coming events (e.g. christmas). Just give the dealer a call and ask for your account or observe the current prices.

11. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

With big data apps being able to report product sales in real time, I could imagine that camera makers will implement seasonal pricing as well. Fuel prices here in Germany change up to three times a day, so it may be worth your while observing consumer electronics prices too wrt to seasonal buying patterns.

12. Greybeard Photography

Greybeard Photography Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Camarthen is still showing it as £1349 before cashback - and a free case - better be quick

13. 4 Candles

4 Candles Member

-Return to Top-

Fujifilm XP2 from Fujifilm UK refurbished shop is £1149 plus they give you a new case worth £89.99. Everything I have ever purchased from Fujifilm refurbished has been like brand new, plus a 12 month guarantee. The only visible difference is the packaging. Even after cashback that’s still a £360 saving. It’s a no brainer.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  14. boulevardier

boulevardier Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Wait until after Christmas. The last two Fuji cameras I bought have been in January when the sales kick in. There are always camera offers, but there are offers and there's offers!

In the UK discounts have to be based on a real price, so retailers sometimes sneak a price rise in the quiet season when few people will notice, and when the sales season begins claim a third off, or whatever. It's actually a much small discount on the market price, but a big saving on the artificially hiked cost when no one was buying.

However there will be genuine discounts on Fuji cameras, but probably smaller drops on the XP2 as it's still the brand's premium camera. If you can wait a year (Jan 2019) you can bet your house on the X-Pro2 being much cheaper, as the XPro-3 won't be far away.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  15. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Wonder if Fuji honour EU receipts for warranty purposes in the UK, should do really as its not a grey import.
    Going to Germany later this year so could potentially buy there and legitimately bring it back to the UK

16. Greybeard Photography

Greybeard Photography Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It seems as though you should be OK although the Fuji UK Warrant FAQs are slightly ambiguous:

I purchased my product abroad. Can it be repaired in the UK?

"In all cases, FUJIFILM UK would first need to approve the proof of purchase before authorising a warranty claim. Proof of purchase evidence can be a copy of a dated receipt or stamped warranty card."

17. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thank you and yes does seem less than clear cut, think they would have to comply if it's within the EU.
    I'm going to Dusseldorf and been considering the X-E3, will have a think, bit of time before I go

18. adamjbonn

adamjbonn adambonn.com

-Return to Top-

FWIW they do if you buy a camera in the UK and ask for warranty in Portugal

(Although I have a bit of a special relationship with Fujifilm PT I’m fairly sure I’m not getting special treatment)

tijuana taxi likes this.
  19. Rosedalelad

Rosedalelad New Member

-Return to Top-

Fuji refurb site in UK currently selling X-Pro2 for £999 (£150 off normal price)

20. Threaded

Threaded Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I just got one and can confirm the following:

(A) it came in absolutely A1, mint, as-new condition, seemingly untouched by human hands. 71 serial so made earlier this year, probably no older than any stock you’d buy new.

(B) it came with the Fuji leather half case included in the box!

(C) it’s excellent.