This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-Pro 2 & VideoMic Pro problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by signor, Nov 20, 2016.

1. signor

signor New Member

-Return to Top-

I'm having real problems getting my videoMic Pro working with my X-pro 2.

I'm using a stereo 2.5 to 3.5mm adaptor but I get no sound when I record. It's also pretty much flat when I'm looking at the mic levels. When I do get a reading, I record but still there's no audio.

The internal mic works fine.

Anybody know a way to solve this?

2. F2Bthere

F2Bthere Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Can you verify all the pieces in the chain on another device? Does the mic work for recording on anything else? Does it have a battery that isn't working? Do you have anything with a similar plug to test the converter (many phones use them)? Have you tested anything else in the XP2 microphone plug (if no other mic, you could use an earphone as a mike--won't have much power but will at least allow verification of connection and that input isn't faulty)?

Often basic troubleshooting can reveal where the flaw is.

3. signor

signor New Member

-Return to Top-

Good idea, I didn't think of trying it with earphones. The mic doesn't work on anything else, whether I use the converter or without & I'm using a new battery. I originally thought it was user error or the converter was the problem but just tried the headphones & it works fine, so it looks like the mic is at fault. Thanks for your help.