This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-Pro2 on location in India

Discussion in 'Travel' started by mountainpix, Oct 13, 2017 at 4:31 AM.

1. mountainpix

mountainpix Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Earlier this year, I was in India leading a Visionary Wild photo expedition to the Hindu and Buddhist cultural centers of Varanasi and Ladakh. After years of traveling with Nikons, I decided to keep things lightweight and compact on this trip, choosing instead two X-Pro2 bodies and a few XF lenses. I knew I liked working with them, but what blew me away was just how effective they were. Image quality is excellent, and the simple fact is that I came back with what I can only describe as a huge number of select images. A few are included here, but the whole gallery on the following webpage was shot with the X-Pro2s and XF lenses:

Please login or register to view links

Photos © 2017 Justin Black

170528-_JXP7233.jpg

170529-_JXP7581.jpg

170529-_JXP7695.jpg

170608-_JXP9677.jpg

170602-_JXP8345.jpg

Carolyn, Ed Dumas, Bill W and 8 others like this.
  2. FrankBB

FrankBB Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I enjoyed that gallery. Thanks.

3. The Judge

The Judge Member

-Return to Top-

The one of the children and men swimming with the dog looks like a fresco. Save for the standing figures on both edges, each one of the people present there draw your eye into the picture. Their gazes and gestures all point to three points of interest: the boy in the black bathing suit leaning forward, the passing dog and the boy on the broken brick. Your eye cycles around each subject and everyone else reinforces it. This really is an extraordinary photograph but would be a masterpiece if you clone stamped out the standing figures on either edge.

4. rmd

rmd Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Beautiful images.

Did you happen to feel a different sense of your surroundings carrying the lighter Fuji kit over the Nikon's? Mentally, not physically. Curious.

5. mountainpix

mountainpix Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

With the rangefinder-style Fujis I definitely feel more tuned in, "in the moment," and connected to what's going on around me when doing cultural documentary photography (or street, or photojournalism, or whatever else you want to call it), than I typically have working with DSLRs in the past. There is something about those little cameras that seems to break down that barrier of perception between photographer and subject.

6. Chuck Carstensen

Chuck Carstensen Member

-Return to Top-

Excellence in photography. You have given a terrific testimonial to the value of the Fujifilm X system. Great website. Thank you.

7. rmd

rmd Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thank you for your insight. Yes, there is a new freedom found that brings the subject closer.

8. trainer

trainer Premium Member

-Return to Top-

That was my first impression when I bought my x100s over 3 years ago. I was amazed when photographing people how the comfort level between photographer and subject changed, all for the better. Nice work all around in India. Thanks for the posts.