This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-T1 at 280k

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by nu2digital, May 17, 2018.

1. nu2digital

nu2digital Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Looking through my image library, I've taken just over 280k images with my X-T1 since purchasing it in December 2014. Seems like it's been a pretty reliable little camera.

I had to glue the cover material back on, easy enough with a little Loctite, and Gorilla tape the bowed accessory door, to make sure it retains weather sealing, but those are cosmetic issues. Mechanically, it has been quite solid. Okay, I did need a puff or two of powdered graphite to keep the shutter speed dial from binding, but it works fine now.

In short, I'm impressed. It's certainly been a lot more reliable than my Canon 5D2 was. Any idea how much longer I should expect it to last before I need to start thinking about replacing it? Just curious what others' experiences have been.

John

kerrydeare, LionSpeed and toy77 like this.
  2. MontyBigglesworth

MontyBigglesworth Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I have been impressed with my X-T1 as well, I am pretty clumsy and it's survived many festivals and other hostile environments!
    The rubber grips all came off my X-T1 too just after the warranty expired- which seems a very common fault!
    I this it's rather embarrassing for Fuji that with all that technology the bit Fuji messed up was something as trivia as gluing the grip on!

kerrydeare likes this.
  3. LionSpeed

LionSpeed Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I think my T1-GS is roughly at 3k (some may say, really really low mileage that is). Comparing to your 280K & counting, mine is in pristine condition? :)
    My pro2 on the other hand has to be at above 50k mark.

Love to see if yours can go another 100k.

kerrydeare likes this.
  4. kerrydeare

kerrydeare X-T1 Diehard

-Return to Top-

This kind of talk warms my triple X-T1 heart.

LionSpeed likes this.
  5. nu2digital

nu2digital Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks for your replies, everyone. I found this site, after some searching...

Please login or register to view links

That's the sort of data I was hoping to find, but sadly they don't track any Fuji cameras. :-(

John