This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-T2 as a video cam - first take

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by Morten Mitchell Larød, May 10, 2017.

1. Morten Mitchell Larød

Morten Mitchell Larød Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I've used my X-T2 as a video cam for the first time. My daughter's trainer needed some footage from the match and I raised my hand.

1080p60, shutter locked at 1/125, aperture and iso in auto mode, cam on tripod and 18-55 with ois turned off.

Brilliant and sharp footage with spot on exposure despite som tricky sunlit/shadow things going on on the field. Sound not so good. Flat with lack of definition means external mic next time.

Battery consumption during the match (2x40 min) was one battery (used powergrip with three fully charged batteries just in case) Did the camera get hot? Not.

The screen is to small for my eyes. That combined with a lot of reflections mede the job tricky at times. If video was my main thing, an external screen would have been first on my shopping list.

David Anderson likes this.
  2. Randy Stiefer

Randy Stiefer Active Member

-Return to Top-

The fuji made mic(the one in my sig) works great. The X-T2 seems like a beast and it's on my want list, right after the 10-24mm and the 50-140mm.

3. Melson

Melson Member

-Return to Top-

Personally, I do little video work. None, actually - I have yet to even try it out. But I value real world experience and your comments encourage me to give it a go.
    Thanks!

4. JC@INFINITICIOUS

JC@INFINITICIOUS New Member

-Return to Top-

Good work! Any footages that you could share??

5. David Anderson

David Anderson Premium Member

-Return to Top-

New to video, but I love what I see from the XT'2
    The only issue I have is, like you, the small screen and manual focus, but obviously with practice will get better.