This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-T2 Firmware Ver 4

Discussion in 'X-T3, X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T100' started by Richard_M, May 8, 2018.

1. Jonimages

Jonimages Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks, these osprey are in a place near a picnic area and I've learned what their limits are. Good pic on your part, and that looks like a red-tailed hawk, not a buzzard.

2. cheddar-caveman

cheddar-caveman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The Red Tailed Hawk is similar but only in N.America, not over here. This is a Buzzard, one of the most common birds of prey in the UK.

Jonimages likes this.
  3. bones

bones Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks Jon, I'll give this a try.

4. Drew Sinclair

Drew Sinclair New Member

-Return to Top-

I have found that X Raw Studio does in fact still work with my X-T2. Only with new RAF filed taken after the V4 update. There are issues with the tone controls from RAF filed before the update.

5. cheddar-caveman

-Return to Top-

Got the 100-400 back, updated to Firmware 4, but it's raining so couldn't really appreciate the improved "feather" quality as they are rather bedraggled :D

MJOD0083.jpg

6. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

CC, Very nice Wood Pigeon.

7. Nickcv

Nickcv Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Must be the season for them. X-T2 with 100-400 shot through my double glazing.

DSCF0157.jpg

DSCF0150.jpg

8. cheddar-caveman

-Return to Top-

It's an impressive lens no doubt!

9. Dano

Dano New Member

-Return to Top-

Because of reported bugs in 4.00, Fuji has released 4.01, which is just 3.00 without some features, until the bugs can be worked out.

Drew Sinclair likes this.
  10. Drew Sinclair

Drew Sinclair New Member

-Return to Top-

Great. Thanks for letting us know. I have just applied firmware 4.01 and it has fixed my issues. Hopefully they will have a new version with all the 4.0 features soon.

11. cheddar-caveman

-Return to Top-

So far haven't found any "bugs" but is it still advisable to do the update?

12. Greybeard Photography

Greybeard Photography Premium Member

-Return to Top-

For me the advantages of using v4.00 outweigh the risks - don't plan to update to this rollback release.

If I was being paid for my photography and didn't need the v4.00 features I might think differently.

13. A C Skinner

A C Skinner Member

-Return to Top-

I've got the file saved "in case". I've not had issues so I will keep 4.0 pending the fix. My previous camera maker habitually took months to acknowledge issues and fix them.

ToneXA1 likes this.
  14. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I think the answer is yes CC, this is not the first time Fuji have had to do this for the X-T2!

15. Stephen_B

Stephen_B Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Me too. I'm just getting around to experimenting with f-log video recording and LUTs for post processing which is pretty cool!

Me too. Sounds like a good strategy.

16. cheddar-caveman

-Return to Top-

What file have you "saved" AC? I've only just got all my personal preferences programmed in, be a pain to have to do it all again!!

17. Photoron

Photoron Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I think he means the older firmware. This is the first time Fuji has 'rolled back' an update. (Ver. 3 = ver 4.1)

Also, doesn't the Fuji Acquire program allow you to save your settings to a file, to re-install or share on a second camera?

18. GregWard

GregWard Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

I'm pretty sure Fuji have done this before actually - and it does tend to cause confusion!

I haven't actually tried this - but I strongly suspect you can't simply use an older version of the firmware (a lower version number) so that's why we now have version 4.01. The camera won't know that 4.01 is actually a copy of 3.0 and so is happy to "upgrade" as the version number is higher than v4.00.

I think what @A C Skinner probably means is keeping a copy of v4.01 to hand - but not yet applying it - just in case of potential problems. Clearly anybody who has experienced problems with v4.00 would be better off applying v4.01 immediately. Anybody still on v3 should probably stay with that. Those of us who have v4.00 but who have not experienced any issues/bugs could choose to stay as they are. Although Fuji would probably prefer we "upgraded" it does, of course, mean losing the new features. Having a handy copy of v4.01 already downloaded might make sense if you choose not to "upgrade" (aka revert to v3).

19. FujiMongol

FujiMongol Premium Member

-Return to Top-

XT2:
    If I put for example version 2 on an SD card and try to roll back, it says that I have already the latest software installed, it would not allow me to goto 2.
    I just wanted to know if it is possible, it's not that I want version 2.
    So there's no use to save older firmware versions than that what you have already installed.

Photoron likes this.
  20. Stephen_B

Stephen_B Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I think I found another X-T2 firmware version 4 bug if you're listening Fujifilm!
    I was experimenting with F-log movie recording to the internal SD card and things were going well right on through to post processing in FCPX using Fuji's LUT files.
    In each case I was using the camera's shutter release to start and stop the video recording, and the results were very encouraging.

But then I thought I'd use my iPad and Fuji's Camera Remote application to start and stop the video recording. (I couldn't see the camera's LCD screen for the next clips, thus the use of the iPad).
    Uh .. Oh. The camera didn't record in F-log when triggering the movie recording with the Fuji App, despite the fact that the camera was configured to do so.
    I killed the Fuji App and started another movie recording, this time using the camera's shutter release, and I was back to recording in F-Log once again.

It would appear that despite being setup to record a movie in F-log, it seems to revert to the film simulation you had programmed the camera for when using the Fuji iPad App.
    In my case the film simulation was Provia.

Anybody care to chime in and validate what I'm seeing?
    If this issue can be confirmed, it would be nice to make sure it's on Fuji's bug list before they release firmware version 4.02.