This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-T2 not turn on

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by Ken lutes, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Ken lutes

Ken lutes Active Member

-Return to Top-

Was curious if anyone else has had problems with their X-T2 not turning back on after turning off or shutting off automatically? Batteries are good. Does it with battery pack on or not in use. Getting harderl and longer to get back on. No one thing allows it to turn on. I have checked all settings and batteries. Sometimes I just set it down come back in an hour or so and cycle the switch on and off a few times and it will turn on. Guess I will have to send back in for repairs. Just curious if anyone else had this problem?

2. Carolyn

Carolyn Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I haven't with either of mine.

3. 5280Pics

5280Pics Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I have had a few incidents of this. It's very random.

4. Ken lutes

Ken lutes Active Member

-Return to Top-

Mine used to be random but today it did it about 12 times in about 3 hr peroid

5. ReeRay

ReeRay Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I had frequent issues with this on my XT-1 and it seemingly is contact related with the battery grip. Cleaning the contacts on both the grip and camera resolves the problem.

Hope this helps.

6. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr. Premium Member

-Return to Top-

If and when this happens again Ken, the camera is actually on. Just hold the shutter button down half way for a couple of seconds and it should burst back into life again.

George.

7. 4 Candles

4 Candles Member

-Return to Top-

Yes, this has happened to my X-T2 twice, really frustrating. Once with and once without the battery grip attached. Took about 7 shots on continuous low and turned off the camera to save battery, 2 mins later tried to turn it back on again and nothing, it did not respond. Eventually it responded and turned on 2 mins later.

The next time it happened with the battery grip attached it would not turn back on after I switched it off. I removed the grip and removed and replaced the NP-W126s battery in the body, all batteries were fully charged. The camera turned on straight away and so far no more issues with or without the grip.

I'm using Fuji original w126s batteries in both grip and body as well as fast SD cards, so no idea why the camera did not respond. Anyone else had similar problems.

8. Ken lutes

Ken lutes Active Member

-Return to Top-

Well mine finally went to not coming back on at all. It is on its way back to Fuji. Ugh
    George I would try what you suggested but it is in the mail. Thanks

G.K.Jnr. likes this.
  9. Maverijk

Maverijk New Member

-Return to Top-

I have noticed this phenomenon too and have just sent my camera back to Fuji for inspection/repair. Very frustrating!

10. Per Zangenberg

Per Zangenberg New Member

-Return to Top-

I am a wedding photographer and have recently switched to using 2x X-T2's. This problem happened to me this saturday just as the bride was arriving! I almost had a full panic mode, but thought it might be me 23mm 1.4 wich I was using for the first time, so ran and got my 16mm 1.4 and put it on. It still happened once again. First time I just removed battery but then it got worse. Even changed the battery. But later it was fine again even with the 23mm and no lock up. The worst thing is not knowing what caused it and will it happen again! :/

Both houses was running firmware 1.0, so updated to 2.1. Have no idea if this will help or if it is a hardware problem...

Irene McC likes this.
  11. Father Jack

Father Jack Active Member

-Return to Top-

Noticed this happening a lot to me. I wondered if it was something to do with the camera going into sleep mode when it's been switched on a while.

The thing that works for me is quickly sliding battery out and putting back in. Seems to reset something.

Think it's a firmware issue imo

ian66 likes this.
  12. sandroamt

sandroamt Premium Member

-Return to Top-

New cameras same feature/issue (choose what fits better for you! ;))... all x-series behave that way... see Please login or register to view links

13. Hugh Duguid

Hugh Duguid Active Member

-Return to Top-

Has happened two or three times, as late as this morning. Did the same as you with battery, but missed shot.

14. 4 Candles

4 Candles Member

-Return to Top-

Still happening to me. I was shooting a Heritage Car Show on Saturday and the camera would not wake up, fortunately the vintage cars were static so not a problem. Just removed and replaced the battery and hey presto the camera woke up again and I could start shooting. Very frustrating, thought it might have been addressed with firmware updates but appears not.

15. ian66

ian66 Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Yes, started happening with me intermittently, taking out battery and replacing it fires it up again - also George's suggestion to depress shutter button half way also fixes problem - thanks George:)

16. Mervington

Mervington Premium Member

-Return to Top-

A thousand years ago, when I was a child, my mother said to me that when I was an even smaller child, I had got my hands on an alarm clock. She said it didn't matter because the clock kept stopping intermittently, even when properly wound. Seemingly, I threw the clock across the room a couple of times. It worked perfectly after that.

Perhaps not to be recommended with naughty cameras?

17. DaveX

DaveX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

This happened to me yesterday, twice it is done it and twice I took the battery out of the X-T2 and put it back in then it came back on fine.

18. DaveX

DaveX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Five times it did this to me today, so it can go back to Jessops to send off to Fuji to fix.

19. Father Jack

Father Jack Active Member

-Return to Top-

This seems to be happening to every X-T2 owner. Happens all the time to me so i just unclick the battery cover and it works again.

What is Fujis official response to this? Is this a bad batch of hardware, or is it a firmware correction?

I think Fuji need to be all over this. It’s gone on to long

DaveX likes this.
  20. DaveX

DaveX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

They must know about it, so hope it can be sorted out as I dont fancy having to take out and put back in the battery just to take so many shots.