This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X100F: Front Click Wheel

Discussion in 'X100F, X100T, X100S, X100, and X70' started by (c)ow, Jul 25, 2017.

1. (c)ow

(c)ow Premium Member

-Return to Top-

What function did you folks assign to the front click wheel. Coming from X100S I can't decide what to use. Of course it depends on shooting style etc.. Just curious...

2. Cher

Cher Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I keep the exposure comp dial on C, use the front wheel for exposure compensation. I also have my X-T2 set up like this and wanted the 2 cameras set up as similar as possible. This set up has been working well for me.

3. bralk

bralk Active Member

-Return to Top-

Moin Oliver

I have set the click button (the one at the ovf/lcd lever) to lock exposure. I activate it with my middle finger and hit the exposure button with my index finger. Great for repeating shots with locked focus. (in AF-S mode)
    I have just exchanged my old original x100 for the new F model and so far I am very pleased with it. My setup for now is RAW+Fine Acros. DR 200. RAW conversion in x-transformer which recognizes the DR 200 setting.
    The resulting DNG file goes to Photoshop CS6.

Still experimenting/learning the camera

cheers/MfG

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  4. (c)ow

(c)ow Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Actually this is a pretty good idea! The front click wheel is much easier to change than the exposure comp. dial. Will try that.

Cher likes this.
  5. (c)ow

(c)ow Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I ment the little click wheel, not the button inside the lever. Just below the on/off switch
    I came from the X100S and like the IQ and resolution of the F a lot. I use LR (+ IXT in cases where fine details are wanted).

6. Robmas4229

Robmas4229 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

As far as I've been able to find, the front command dial can only be used for exposure compensation (when Exp.Comp. dial is set to C), and/or ISO (if ISO Dial Setting is set to "Command" in the MENU/SETUP/BUTTON DIAL SETTINGS/ISO DIAL SETTING/COMMAND). If you have the Exp Comp dial set to C, then pressing the front command dial toggles between the two controls.

Hope I said this correctly, . . .

7. Robmas4229

Robmas4229 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I tried this but found it too easy to accidentally change the exposure compensation.

8. ChiDN

ChiDN Fujiholic Cub Fan

-Return to Top-

I've been using it that way as well. Not that sure of it though, liked it at first but...we'll see.

9. rfh1652

rfh1652 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

If you go into the button/dial settings in the setup menu you can change the iso dial A setting from auto to command. This will allow you the adjust exposure and then in you press the dial you can adjust iso.

10. Cher

Cher Premium Member

-Return to Top-

That's exactly why I like it, easy peasy to adjust while shooting :)

Robmas4229 likes this.
  11. (c)ow

(c)ow Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I set Exp. Comp. to "C" and use the click wheel for exposure comp. The on/off function prevents from accidentally changing. Shot a concert last night and had to use exp. comp. a lot for to get moody images.