This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X100F Sticky Aperture Blades

Discussion in 'X100F, X100T, X100S, X100, and X70' started by David Eagle, Jan 26, 2018.

1. David Eagle

David Eagle New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi, I have just discovered that my X100F has its aperture blades stuck to c.F8.

I am about to return it to Fuji for repair, but I was wondering if any/many others have had this with the X100F?

I can see a history of this in the forums with earlier X100 series models, but nothing on the X100F.

I have been taking the X100F as my only camera, but if this looks like being a recurring problem, I may have to shift cameras (to what I have no idea), but I hate the idea of having to carry multiple bodies again....

Any experience of this out there?

Apologies for posting this in multiple forums, but I am considering moving the X100F on if this looks like a common problem...

2. rmcnelly

rmcnelly Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I believe the X100 aperture blades would stick wide open resulting in overexposed shots. My X100F has been flawless so far. Hope you get this sorted out.

3. Longhiker

Longhiker Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I believe the lens is the same throughout the X100 series. I’ve owned the X100 and X100F and never had a problem. Sorry for the service issue. Hopefully it will get corrected quickly.

I feel for you. I damaged my only camera once and was without it ifor a couple months. Very disturbing. When possible it’s best to have some sort of backup.

Good luck.

4. ibcj

ibcj Member

-Return to Top-

This was a problem with the early versions of the original X100. I've owned multiple copies of every model from X100 special edition, X100s, X100T and now the X100F and never had a problem. You are the first I've heard of a problem with the X100F.

5. YogiMik

YogiMik Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Always have a back up. It happened, my completely new camera broke down, when I was away in another country. Had a back up.

6. nippa

nippa Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Bit of history
    There was a problem with the early X100 models when an earthquake wrecked the factory.
    They rushed to restore production some 2 weeks later but evidently an assembly rig was set up slightly out of tolerance.
    Once this had been recognised the sticky aperture problem went away and Fuji corrected the fault for models made during that period without charge.
    Hopefully it's not something similar of the F model

7. Robin Hynes

Robin Hynes New Member

-Return to Top-

My X100F is currently with Fuji (UK) for repair of suspected SAB.
    I hope to have her back soon and will update with confirmation (or otherwise) of my diagnosis.

8. rmcnelly

rmcnelly Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Someone on a Facebook X100 group just got their X100F back from service, where they replaced the lens assembly after the camera kept overexposing.

But being stuck at f/8 as the OP described is strange.

9. Riric

Riric New Member

-Return to Top-

Same issue here. Most of my shots were overexposed, so I went to my favorite photo shop and we discovered that the blades were stucked at approx. 5.6.
    I sent it to service last saturday, I hope it will be back soon...

10. David Eagle

David Eagle New Member

-Return to Top-

Just received my X100F back, the shutter count has been reset to Zero, so I am guessing that the shutter assembly has been replaced.
    A no cost, warranty repair, a short apology for any inconvenience caused, but no explanation from Fuji.
    The camera had been reset to factory settings, so had to recreate my X100F settings (luckily I had these tucked away in a nerdy spreadsheet).
    The camera has been out for a test run, and its back to its best, so fingers crossed I am up and running with the X100F again...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018