This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X30 as a walker's camera

Discussion in 'Fuji's Small Sensor X Cameras' started by Rosedalelad, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Rosedalelad

Rosedalelad Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I hate carrying big heavy cameras and lenses especially when I'm out on walkabout. In this situation, the X30 still delivers the goods and the resulting 12mp image is good enough for a 20x15 print.

Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

And the colours are so good. I've tried many other cameras but my recently acquired used X30, which cost less than £250, makes me very happy :)

2. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Yes I have the same feelings about my X10.

3. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Yes, I agree but I oscillate between my X100 and the X30.

4. Mervington

Mervington Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Happiness and contentment are major assets in any relationship!

5. Rosedalelad

Rosedalelad Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Apart from the colours, I was also very surprised with the autofocus - this next photo really is just a quick snapshot of a poppy and yet you can see the blackfly on the stem:

6. TalbotFox

TalbotFox Member

-Return to Top-

I have an X30, and X100T and an X70. Each in its own way is a superb camera, and a pleasure to use.

My X30 is currently with offspring in an attempt to lure him away from phone cameras and on to something a bit different.

Notwithstanding the absence of a viewfinder (although I use a "dumb" hotshoe finder, as I'm not a big fan of using the screen), the X70 is a superb camera, and it's a pity that the X30 and 70 couldn't have mated and produced something with the best features of each.

It's good to read @Rosedalelad 's appreciation, and that of others, as I don't think the X10-X70 range gets anywhere near enough credit for being very good little cameras.

7. kivis

kivis Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I feel the same way about my X20.

8. upstateaudio

upstateaudio Member

-Return to Top-

I just took my XE3 on a 10 day trip to Vietnam. I dropped it on the 1st day. It has been totaled. The x30 served as the only camera and did quite well within its limitations. I missed the Bokeh and low light capabilities of the larger sensor, but it worked fine for most situations. I am pleased with its capabilities for what it is.