This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

xf 23mm f2 wr firmware issue

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Lens Forum' started by theselinskiest, Jun 19, 2017.

1. theselinskiest

theselinskiest Member

-Return to Top-

On my XP2, trying to update the firmware to v1.01 for the xf 23mm f2 wr, I'm getting the message that there's no firmware on the card. Here's where I'm dl'ing the file from:
    Please login to view links

any ideas?

2. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric

-Return to Top-

Is the name of the file on the card EXACTLY the same as the file name on the Fuji web site?
    Often people download to a downloads directly where there is already some firmware and the computer OS adds a -2 or similar to the file name which then means that the camera will not recognise it when its transferred to the card.
    Is your camera body firmware up to date. You cannot have older lens firmware than the camera firmware.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Asmguy likes this.
  3. rfh1652

rfh1652 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

you are trying to us the firmware for the 35 mm f2 if you are updating a 23mm f2 you need to use firmware for the 23mm f2 lens. Ver 1.0 is latest firmware for the 23 f2 lens.

4. theselinskiest

theselinskiest Member

-Return to Top-

Whoa weird - I Google'd "xf 23mm f2 firmware" and the listing page said 23mm, but yeah the link above says 35mm. I hadn't noticed it was a diff lens on the page than in Google. Sorry guys... that explains it

Asmguy likes this.