This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Your Fuji Travel Setup

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by Learnfuji, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Moedizzle

Moedizzle New Member

-Return to Top-

After taking many trips where I took much more gear than I needed, I have recently been more selective and only take lenses I truly use. My new travel set-up consists of:

Ona Bowery Bag
    Fuji X-T1
    Fuji 10-24
    Fuji 16 1.4
    Fuji 35 f2
    Manfrotto BeFree Tripod

If I know I will be taking creative photos with off camera lighting then I take additional gear, but for the most part the above gets me by perfectly. Plus, it all fits in my small ona bag (Minus the tripod)

2. Finder

Finder Premium Member

-Return to Top-

This...

[​IMG]

In a Mountainsmith Day Pack lumbar pack with a padded insert. (The Minolta lens is an M-Rokkor 90mm f/4.) And what is better, the lenses are cleaner now...

Dan Bailey likes this.
  3. Neil Jefferies

Neil Jefferies New Member

-Return to Top-

Lowepro Scout 140

XT-20
    XC 50-230
    Samyang 12 (put the hood in with 50-230 to slim things down)
    XC 16-50
    XF 18mm
    GPD Pocket UMPC for editing

4. David@1968

David@1968 Member

-Return to Top-

I went to New York last weekend. Theoretically, I had sat/sun for me and mon/tues for work. Made my hotel at 8 pm fri night, inspire of the tiredness went straight to Times Square then Grand Central Station. Saturday, up early and left the hotel at 6:30 before it got light, took some pre-dawn shots over the river, then down to Ground Zero, up World Trade Cener then the long walk up to Central Park for the afternoon.

Getting to the point, I took the XT-2, 10-24, 18-55, 56, a Manfrotto Be-free (I think), spare batteries, chargers and a cable release. I guess I took about 75% of my shots on the wonderful 10-24, maybe 20% on the 56 (people pictures mostly) and very little on the 18-55.

I did n't use the tripod at all, the same thing happened last year when I took it to Kyoto for a weekend, I mostly just cranked the ISO.

There was one point in Grand Central Station when I sat the camera on a wall and used the cable release.

I rented the ninety over summer and that was great but because it would not get much use have not got round to buying it yet. For this trip I wanted to rent the fifty five to two hundred but it was not available.

Sunday a storm set in for the day. I got lo of work done in my hotel room!

Great trip, got some nice shots!

fugu 82-2 likes this.
  5. tegel

tegel New Member

-Return to Top-

I'm new to Fuji and picked up an X-T1 earlier this year specifically for travel and hiking. I carry everything in a Please login or register to view links which holds all my lenses (14, 18-55, 35/2 and 90) with any of them attached to the body (I use an Please login or register to view links to keep the smaller lenses separated in one of the compartments). I am also able to squeeze in a Please login or register to view links with a small Please login or register to view links and a set of ND filters, spare battery, and cable release in the side pocket. This makes for a nice "walk around all day" kit. The only change I might make is to pick up a 55-200 to replace the 90 (although it would difficult to leave the 90 at home - LOVE that lens!).

6. Dan Bailey

Dan Bailey Premium Member

-Return to Top-

X-T2 and X-T10
    XF 14mm f/2.8
    XF 35mm f/2
    XF 50mm f/2
    XF90mm f/2
    Gitzo GT0545T or the Joby Gorillapod.
    5-6 batteries, plus USB NP-126 charger.

If I'm going especially light, say on a cycling trip, where every bit of weight is a factor, I'll leave the 90 and the second body home. This was my setup for my two Scotland trips this year. Took all 6 items on the May trip, but for the September trip, I only went with the X-T2 and three small primes.

7. RobP

RobP Member

-Return to Top-

I’m headed to Santa Fe, NM for a few days, and I’m planning on taking
    An X-T2
    16-55 2.8 mounted on the X-T2, in a LowePro toploader
    50-140 2.8 in a LowePro Lens Exchange case (also has room for the 1.4 TC.)
    Batteries, shutter release, spares, etc. in a hanging toilet kit (it’s got lots of pockets and compartments for organization.)
    MeFoto Backpacker tripod.

The expensive things get carried on in my carry-on backpack; the tripod goes in my checked bag. When I’m walking around my destination, the toploader and lens excehange case go over my shoulders. If I’m going after sunsets, the tripod and the unused lens go in my backpack.

I’m looking at the LowePro Street and Field belts, but I’m a bit afraid I might look like a total photography geek.

8. TonyB

TonyB Member

Byford, SJ shire, Perth, Westen Austraia.

-Return to Top-

2x X-T2
    10-24
    18-55
    55-200
    35f1.4.
    Total weight including bag, batteries, flash, ND & CP filters step up rings is around 4.0kgs or 9lbs. Please login or register to view links

9. cug

cug Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Heading out on a trip this weekend. Will take X-T2, 23/2 and 50/2 and that's it. All goes into the tankbag of the motorcycle.

Bobjack likes this.
  10. Topsy

Topsy Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I've just changed my travelling light set up I now have X-T2, 14mm, 18-55mm and 55-200mm with Lee Seven5 filter system. All fits in Tank Bag or Saddlebag. If travelling by Car I would have my GFX kit along too.

11. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Last year my travel Billingham Hadley One held an X-T2 + a 16mm 1.4, 23mm 1.4, 56mm 1.2 and last but not least the 90mm 2.0 plus all the bits and bobs that one tends to collect.

The 90mm has since gone for PX for the 80mm Macro! I just didn’t like the handling of the 90mm plus it won’t take a TC.

12. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

X-Pro2 with 18-55 and 14, spare battery and memory cards, charger that works off usb plus lens cloth/pen.
    Carried in a TT Retrospective 7 with Galaxy Tab S loaded with 128gb micro sd for backing up
    Also have a Gitzo GM2541 Monopod with rubber cup foot and small FLM CB24F ballhead

13. Bobjack

Bobjack Premium Member

-Return to Top-

For decades (gawd, I’m almost getting old) my film travel combo was 24/55/105 Pentax lenses. Since going Fuji I’ve travelled with the 14/35/60 trio. Over the past year this has changed to the 23/50 f2 combo. Either choice seems to me a good general purpose combo when nothing in particular is anticipated.